Thursday, April 27, 2017

Places where you can post "Lost Cat" flyers in Redwood City

Here is a great list of resources I got from Daphna in Redwood City (I just learned she volunteers for the Homeless Cat Network, and I have too!). This is what Daphna said to me in an email: ----------------------------- I suggest signing up for the Craiglist's "found cat" emails. Some days I get a lot of them, unfortunately they tend to be "lost cat" and I rarely see lost/found cat from Redwood City. Nonetheless, it's worth signing up for it! You never know, maybe some day... I also get email from Pet Harbor but they are pretty much always the same results and the places are very far. The emails from Pet Harbor are short term. You need to keep signing up with them to continue getting the results. Do not post flyers at Red Morton park's edges without asking the park and recreation's dept permission. I forgot to ask for it. I recommend you go to the Police Headquarter to make sure you aren't doing anything illegally. That's what I did. Please, do not rely on my notes regarding the city's rules. I has been nearly a year since I first posted and things may have changed since then. I STRONGLY advice to post in Spanish too. Use a good quality paper with bright neon colors. I used standard glossy papers at FedEx Office Print & Ship Center (Kinko). Make flyers that are attention getting, not plain white with a picture and words. It's too generic and people in general tend not to pay attention to or remember them. Make sure the photo is in color and isn't showing the cat's or dog's full markers to avoid scams. Pet stores - They keep the flyers for several few months. The only pet store that didn't like posting flyers is Petco on Woodside Rd. (Note from Laura: I do not get this!) Obviously, I don't know of every single place that let you post flyers, but these are places that accepted my flyers. Don't forget to always ask for a permission first. 1) Round Table Pizza, 128 Woodside Rd, Redwood City. Next to Michaels. They have a cork board. 2) Donut King, 3123 Jefferson Ave X Alameda De Las Pulgas, Redwood City. They have a cork board. 3) Valero gas station, 503 Whipple Ave X Veterans Blvd, Redwood City. 4) VCA Holly Street Animal hospital , VCA San Carlos Animal Hospital (San Carlos)l, Sequoia Veterinary Hospital (San Carlos), Alta-Wood Animal Hospital (Redwood City), Whipple Avenue Pet Hospital (Redwood City), Belmont Pet Hospital (Belmont). 5) Franklin Street Caffe,1053 El Camino Real, Redwood City, at the Sequoia Station. 6) Starbuck 490 El Camino X Whipple. They have a cork board. 7) 5th Quarter Pizza, 976 Woodside, Redwood City. 8) Teaquation Cafe, 1036 El Camino Real, Redwood City (across Max's). 9) Lucky supermarket, 200 Woodside Plaza, Redwood City (on the column). 10) Breaker's Cafe, 270 Woodside Plaza, Redwood City (on the column). 11) Yat Fat restaurant, 38 Woodside Rd, Redwood City across Woodside Plaza ( on column). 12) Key Market, 1063 Upton Son, Redwood City. They were more than happy to accommodate me. They help me post two flyers on the window behind the cashiers. 13) Avenue Liquor, 2122 Roosevelt Avenue, Redwood City near Summit Cafe The owner is awesome aside for posting it on the busy window, he asked for another one flyer to put under the counter glass near the cashing machine! 14) Rite Aid 2150 Roosevelt Avenue, Redwood City across Key Market. But the columns are terrible. Not recommended. 15) Kennedy Auto Body 1026 El Camino Real, Redwood City. They said to post it on the fence across Sequoia high school. Fence's surface is very difficult to post on. Not recommended. 16) Red Morton Community Center 1120 Roosevelt Avenue, Redwood City. They have a cork board. 17) Happy Donuts, 1330 El Camino Real X Madison Avenue, Redwood City. 18) Antique Unlimited, 1128 El Camino Real, San Carlos. Between Brittan Ave and Howard Ave. 19) Antique & More, 1148 El Camino Real, San Carlos. Between Brittan Ave and Howard Ave. 20) Antique Then & Now, 1121 Industrial Rd, San Carlos across Office Depot. 21) Cafe La Tartine, 830 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City (across Cinemark movie theater) 21) Jiffy Lube, 640 Whipple Ave X Industrial Way, Redwood City. *Safeway used to have a cork board across the bathroom but no more. I don't know if you can post on the wall. * I can't remember if Home Depot, Office Depot and REI also accepted them. You may want to ask. * light poles in RWC. No trees!!! If the pet has been missing for several months, put new flyers with minor adjustment to the date it went missing. For example, if it says "missing since may 21" change it to "still missing since may 21". This is what the PHS advised me to do. I also changed the colors, this way it won't look as if the original flyers have been sitting there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment